2020 Comprehensive Plan Amendment cycle:
If you are a potential applicant for a 2020 Comprehensive Plan amendment, please read the following information and instructions for an update as to how the current Stay Home Stay Healthy order and closure of City Hall to customers is impacting the submittal of applications.
- Due Date: We are maintaining the April 1st, 4:00 p.m. application deadline, however if there is information related to your application that you are unable to finalize due to the current situation, please let us know prior to submittal. You should submit the Comprehensive Plan Amendment application form (through the process outlined in the next bullet) and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org itemizing any supplemental information that you need to submit at a later date. We will work to outline a mutually agreeable timeline for submitting additional documents.
- Submittal Process: You will submit your application electronically only through our online portal, no paper copy will be required. When you are ready to submit, please email PermitCenter@ci.puyallup.wa.us and a Permit Technician will walk you through the process. All application files must be saved as a pdf.
We encourage you to contact Senior Planner, Katie Baker, at email@example.com or (253) 435-3604 as soon as possible if you have any questions about this alternate submittal process.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Foundations Element
- Chapter 2: Natural Environment Element
- Chapter 3: Land Use Element
- Chapter 4: Housing Element
- Chapter 5: Community Character Element
- Chapter 6: Economic Development Element
- Chapter 7: Transportation Element
- Chapter 8: Utilities Element
- Chapter 9: Capital Facilities Plan
- Chapter 10: Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan Element
- Chapter 11: Downtown Neighborhood Plan
- Chapter 12: South Hill Neighborhood Plan Policies
- Chapter 13: River Road Corridor Plan
The Planning Division processes applications for amendments to the Comprehensive Plan once per year. Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 cycle and will be due by April 1, 2020. Please submit your applications to the permit counter on the second floor of City Hall at: 333 S. Meridian, Puyallup, WA, 98371, between 9 am - 3 pm.
To be considered complete, applications for Comprehensive Plan amendments must include a completed application form and a completed environmental (SEPA) checklist.
Alternatively, applications are available at the City of Puyallup Development Center located at 333 S Meridian in downtown Puyallup, at the 2nd floor permit counter. Applications must be accompanied by a filing fee of $1080 and an additional $250 fee for environmental review.
Applications must comply with the provisions of PMC 18.40.070. To be considered for approval, the applicant must demonstrate in the application how the proposed amendment meets the criteria under PMC 18.40.071 and PMC 18.40.075. See the Puyallup Municipal Code for more information.
It is strongly recommended that applicants meet with Planning staff to discuss an amendment request before submitting an application.
Plan amendments are first considered by the City Planning Commission, which reviews the application and conducts a public hearing and then forwards its recommendation to the City Council. This typically occurs from May - September in each cycle. The City Council is responsible for taking final action on all amendment requests. This typically occurs by the end of November of each year.
Questions or meeting requests should be directed to Senior Planner Katie Baker at 253-435-3604.